It's been implied, hinted at, even stated clearly, that I get my stubborn-ness, I mean, determined spirit, from my mom's side of the family.
We've been coming to this particular campground for about 4-5 years now. It has a lake. My mom has been trying to get the canoe to the campground that entire time. Well, my dad built a canoe rack on his trailer this year so that the canoe could be transported. Wahoo!
This is my youngest, determined that he's going canoeing too!
Remember the strange weather I mentioned? Rained most of the day Saturday, then very hot. Well, Sunday was very hot, & windy. Not to be deterred, Nana decided she was taking the kids for a ride in the canoe. Did I mention it was WINDY?! As we stood on the dock watching, Nana & 3 of my children tried in vain to ride the canoe in the lake. Alas, the wind was too strong, even for my determined mother, and they were pushed back to shore. Not the shore we were standing on, mind you. No, they had to wade through the water close to the shore to get back to the beach. Then Tim and my mom had to wade back through the water and bring the canoe back. Oh well, maybe next year. . . .
That's funny, LeAnn. And, by the way, I've never known you to be stubborn.....
ReplyDeleteAnyway, NOT nwt this time.
Tara
Hilarious! Great Pictures!
ReplyDeleteGrandma Lynn
I'm proud to be determined !!
ReplyDeleteNothing ventured...nothing gained.
Love, Nana