Monday, November 2, 2009

Cruise, the finale, finally!

This is the "adult" pool that we hung out at - no kids and no loud, partying people. If you look closely, you can see the handsome guy with a significant "farmer's tan" in the upper right corner of the pool!

Every night our stateroom attendant left a cool towel animal

Still can't figure this one out. If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to votes.

I had lobster on the last night - had to take photographic proof to show the kids that I actually ate a "lonster" - cross between monster & lobster, in the tank at the grocery store!

Even better friends, after 5 days full of fun!

Our last Caribbean sunset
It was a wonderful vacation, shared with wonderful friends. Early on in the cruise, we were looking out over the front of the ship during sunset. My friend, Kathy, said, let's thank Jesus for this beautiful moment. It was a great idea and we did it, right there on the deck of the ship. For the rest of the trip, I kept thanking the Lord for the opportunity to go on such a relaxing, refreshing trip and share it with an awesome, loving husband, and terrific, fun friends. I also kept thanking the Lord for my parents & Tim's parents for taking care of the kids while we were gone. Without them, such a vacation wasn't possible. With them, we can be confident that the kids are fine without us, and they were fine. They said they missed us, but I know they had a lot of fun while we were gone, so I'm not sure I believe them!

A sign of a good vacation is that you're ready to come home at the end. We were ready to come home & hug our kids! Tim asked me what I was looking forward to when I got home. I could honestly say, "Lizzie's hugs, Will's goofy grin, Theo's crazy laughter, and Drewby's wet kisses. Don't get me wrong, there are times in the past 3+ weeks that I would've given about anything to be back in that magical world called a cruise, where the biggest stressor is deciding what to pick from the amazing dinner menu. But, the old saying is true . . .

there's no place like home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment