Thursday, February 11, 2010

Full of Ornery!

This child is just chock full of orneriness! I don't even know if that's a word, but if it is, it's him! These pictures were taken because he asked me to take them and then proceeded to pose. :)


I don't know what it is with Drew and food - it isn't like we starve him or something. But the other night we heard crying, which isn't that unusual in a house with 4 kids. I went to find the source - it was coming from the garage! I opened the door and there stood a very "caught in the act" Drew. There he stands with a chocolate ring around his mouth, holding an empty jar, & his feet surrounded by popcorn kernels, crying his head off!


Here's my best guess for what transpired. He snuck out into the garage & got into the chocolate stash out there. (We keep it in the garage so it isn't always visible - mostly so that I don't eat all of it!) Anyway, somehow he must've locked himself out of the house because then he went looking for the spare key. You've seen those jars meant to look like something else that has a spare key hidden in the middle - ours is a jar full of popcorn kernels. Well, he got the key out, got it in the lock, and unlocked the door. Then. . . . he spilled the jar of popcorn all over the garage floor! That's what caused the crying fit. Well, I could hardly be upset with him. After all, he's a genius for figuring out how to unlock the door. If he hadn't spilled the popcorn, he never would've been caught!

And for those of you wondering how I could've been unaware that my almost-3 year old was in the garage, clearly you haven't spent much time with ornery, sneaky small people who are very motivated by their love for all things sweet! Yep, ya'll should just get it over with and nominate me for Mother of the Year right now. . . .

1 comment: