Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Jason, Uncle & Brother Extraordinaire!

As I said in my previous post, I know, it's been a while. What can I say, I've been in a blogging slump. Anyway, as I said, Uncle Jason is only able to come home 1-2 times a year, so it's always a treat when he's around. As the kids get older, they remember him and there is very little "warming up" period. Of course, he changes his "hair" every time we see him, so that doesn't help! :)

These photos are from New Year's Eve. I can't remember the last time I spent New Year's Eve with my brother. He's usually back in California by then. We had a dinner & celebrated our birthdays (mine is Jan. 1 & his is Feb. 5). Then we played games with the kids until we sent them to bed.

Notice the "fancy" cake Tim made. I ask for a plain, old chocolate layer cake every year. It gets more extravagant every year . . . :)

Somehow, there is always riding or climbing involved with Uncle J!

There's also plenty of tickling!

and lounging around

and backrubs!

The gang's all here

Jason is a forester with the U.S. Forest Service. He serves on the San Bernardino National Forest. He loves the Lord first, his family & friends second, and the land third. He has a huge heart for the disadvantaged in this world. I'm privileged to call him Brother!

This is what one of my cousins wrote about my brother after visiting him in California for a few days (and she's more eloquent with words than I, so I'm going to copy her): " Jason is a most excellent host - a gentleman and a scholar - a servant of God and a protector of women, children, and the land. And he has a wonderful way of bringing out the 10-yr-old in you!"

I love you, Jas, and Happy 36th birthday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment