Wednesday, May 12, 2010

More snow days!

So we had 2 snow days in one week. Yikes! What to do?! You can only play in the snow for so long before someone has a body part freeze!

So I got out the gingerbread house kit that Nana bought after Christmas for a mere fraction of the price it sells before Christmas. :)

This requires patience to set up the house, so Theo was quickly DONE. We did this during Drew's nap as I knew he didn't have the patience to even start it, as well as the risk that he would eat all the candy before the others had a chance to decorate the house!

It's so nice that they give you a little "house holder" now. It really helps to hold the walls up as the frosting dries - it has little troughs where you put the frosting and then put the walls in those. Super cool and way easier than the houses we've tried in the past!

Putting on the finishing touches - candy!

We used the leftover candy & frosting to decorate the snowman sugar cookies we made earlier that day

More snowmen cookies & my "growing up way-too-fast" tween!

Since we had bad weather, we were both able to get into my hair stylist that day. I'll have to have a talk with her about making my 11 year old look 14 or so! Lizzie thought it was cool to have a hair style so similar to mine. . .
in a few years, I doubt she'll think it's cool to look like Mom, so I guess I'll enjoy it now!

3 comments:

  1. How great to see you back on the blog-o-sphere. I'm sure you've been busy! Love seeing the winter photos and Lizzie's new do. Enjoy these special bonding moments with your "little" girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures, Leann. Missed your blog. Glad you're back up and running. Of course, I never tire of hearing what the dear Pancake kids are doing. Four of the seven best grandkids ever!

    Grandma Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of you and Lizzie!!!! What a GREAT pic...and I LOVE Lizzie's hair! :) - Aunt Teresa

    ReplyDelete