Thursday, May 13, 2010

My baby is THREE!

On March 21, Drew turned three! I can't believe he's 3 already! He's currently really into Buzz Lightyear, Bob the Builder, and whatever his brothers think is cool. :)

He was always trying to use everyone else's umbrella, so the kids got him his very own Buzz Lightyear umbrella!

He's a very careful present opener - we'll have to work on that!

His very own bat & a very soft ball - he is not tentative at all about swinging that thing!

Yet another marvelous creation of Tim's. Drew loved it!

He has the form down, but wasn't too effective at actually blowing out the candles

Eating cake & ice cream, no problem!

Many favorite things - his very own Cinci Reds hat, a batcopter that shoots little yellow discs, and a new Buzz Lightyear shirt! Woo hoo!
At some point our youngest has developed some strong willfulness. I know, this should come as no surprise. He will actually take the clothes that I lay out for him, put them in the hamper, and dig out the clothes he wants to wear, from the hamper. The only shirts he's interested in wearing are Buzz Lightyear & Colts. Just this morning he had an absolute melt-down because both of those shirts were in the hamper and I'd given him a Nemo shirt to wear. He didn't want to wear Nemo because "Nemo is scary". He went looking for another Colts shirt. He found one, in William's dresser. It fit him like a dress. He is completely "unable" to put a shirt on when I ask him to, but when he knows I'm not going to let him wear it, he manages to put it on just fine! Go figure. . . my baby is THREE, going on Thirteen

3 comments:

  1. That willfulness will be a blessing one day. Trust me. He sure has his grandpa Merle won over. Of course, he's never crossed grandpa either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTFLOL! Strong willed children are only cute when they belong to someone else. Keep the humor and you'll make it through. I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete