Saturday, November 6, 2010

Family Vacation, part 2 - King's Island!

Our final day in Cincinnati was spent at King's Island! This was the first major amusement park we'd taken all the kids to. We had a blast, despite the heat!

Due to the range of ages, we split up when we got there. I took the big kids to the regular amusement park & Tim took the little guys to Snoopy Planet, I think that's what it's called, for the little kids.

Theo & Drew "driving" the car

Flying the Red Baron!

Tim lucked out with the small, tame rides. I got to accompany Lizzie & Will on the big coasters & the spinning rides. After one roller coaster, and not a very big one at that, Will declared himself done with roller coasters - he has a "weak" stomach for up/down stuff. I went on one more with Lizzie & then declared myself done with roller coasters - I'm rather fond of being able to move all the parts of my body & I wasn't sure that my spinal cord or brain would survive another jerky roller coaster - yep, definitely feeling OLD now as I used to love, love, love roller coasters! So that left spinning rides, which I don't do, so I watched the kids and took pictures. They love those things!

The bumper cars were another favorite. I think they went on those 6 times in a row - the lines were short due to the heat. I went on them twice & then just watched and took more pictures!


After a couple of hours we met up at the Eiffel Tower & rode to the top. Then it was lunch time, so we went to the van, sat in the air conditioning, and ate the packed lunch we'd brought. We weren't going to pay another penny inside the park - have you been to an amusement park lately?! Everyone complained about wearing the same color shirts & Reds hats, but it sure did help to find each other when in a crowd. Of course, look who forgot her yellow shirt? Hey, I'd already packed for 3 other people, and supervised Lizzie's packing, by the time I packed for myself!

After lunch we spent the rest of the day at the water park side of KI. It's nice because you pay one price & get into both parks. They had appropriate slides & pools for all ages, so everyone was happy.

The WAVE pool was everybody's favorite part. It was fun to get hit by the waves but not have to mess with sand & saltwater! Both the little boys would just lie there and wait for the waves to come over the top of them. Again, it made watching Theo a little nerve-racking.

Drew enjoyed one of the little guy's slides

Lizzie & Will braving one of the big slides

Theo on another little guy's slide
It was a very fun day! We stopped at a Pizza King on the way home. The kids devoured a huge pizza + breadsticks & still said they were hungry!

This was actually the end of our vacation. It started with the family reunion, continued with the boys' day at the lake (see Will's & Theo's summer pictures), and then ended with the Cinci trip. But it didn't quite end for Theo! Stay tuned for the next post about his pre-kindergarten surprise (Monday)!

No comments:

Post a Comment