Monday, June 8, 2009

The Force Be With You!

I'm surrounded by Star Wars geeks!   My husband has always been obsessed (For our 1st anniversary, I actually gave him VHS tapes of the 1st trilogy - that's episodes IV-VI for the Star Wars ignorant!) and now he's infected the kids.   Lizzie and Will have watched all 6 episodes, in correct order of course, and have now moved on to the "modern" cartoon, the Clone Wars.  Last Halloween, it was a lot of fun to have a family theme and dress everyone in related costumes.  Will was Batman, Theo was Robin, and Drew was the Joker (see my post "leaving comments" dated May 6 for a photo of that).   That night I decided that for Halloween 2009 we would ALL be Star Wars characters.  I started looking for discounted costumes and planning how to make some of them.  I actually found a Clone Trooper costume on clearance at Meijer!  I was psyched!  Of course, I thought I had until October. . . .

That was until I was informed that Friday, June 5, was Star Wars night at the TinCaps game (our minor, minor league baseball team & my husband's new obsession!).  SO, since I only had 1 of 6 costumes ready, we had to deviate from my original plan.  In other words, we had to buy 2 costumes.  We did compromise and not get our adult costumes or Drew's costume yet.  I did go ahead and order my Princess Leia buns (for my head!) so that I'd have them ready for Halloween.  Anyway, Lizzie, Will, and Theo had a grand time at the baseball game on Friday night.  Lizzie was especially noticed a lot as we didn't see any other "Ahsoka's" at the game - she's a "new"character from the Clone Wars.   Here's some photos for your viewing pleasure!

William - Jedi Knight (remember, he's had official Disneyland training!); Lizzie - padawan Ahsoka; Theo - Captain Rex, clone trooper



3 comments:

  1. Sick, sick. I am in the same boat over here with my hubby and kids. Help me! At least your husband and kiddos aren't "trekkies" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto in our household as well (although I think Lauren started the love of the Star Wars movies due to a crush she had on Luke Skywalker). We have kid size costumes of Darth Vader and another Storm Trooper, should you find your boys grow too much before October. If it wouldn't have been for another commitment, we would have been at the Tin Caps game - although I doubt we would have recognized your family. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing! They look terrific! Now, how old is my granddaughter, Lizzie?

    ReplyDelete