Sunday, June 21, 2009

You're my favorite. . .

I think every person wants to be someone's favorite.  It's just human nature, I think.  We all have favorites:   our favorite food (chocolate, of course), color (blue), place (home), activity (dancing! or scrapbooking), etc.   Well, at some point early on in our kids' lives, my wise husband realized that everyone wants to be someone's favorite.  In his wisdom, he knew we'd have more than one child, possibly more than one of each gender, so he started something.

"You're my favorite Lizzie"  "You're my favorite William"   "You're my favorite Theo!" & "You're my favorite Drewby!"  They love to hear that!

I'm so glad I have a wise husband.  He's my favorite Tim!  He's a wonderful Father to our kids. I'm so thankful he is my partner in this parenting adventure.  I'm so grateful that he looks to THE Father for wisdom and answers to the tough questions.

Speaking of the Father, we have another wise one in our midst.  From the time he was pretty young, William has always said that Tim is his "second Daddy".  Now, before you jump to any conclusions, Tim has fathered all 4 of our children!  William is referring to God, the Father, as being his "first and favorite".  Isn't that awesome?!   I pray this is always his attitude toward his first & second Daddy(s).



I don't have a recent photo of this "event", but it's a regular occurrence.  If Daddy sits down, everyone wants to be with him!  And he pretends not to like it (notice his "annoyed" face), but he loves it!

Happy Father's Day, Honey -- you're the best!


And just in case you're left wondering Whose favorite you are:

John 3:16   For God so loved the world (that's YOU) that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever (YOU) believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Eph 2:4-5  But because of his great love for us (YOU), God, who is rich in mercy, made us (YOU) alive with Christ even when we (YOU) were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved.  (Emphases mine)

1 comment:

  1. How wonderfully and beautifully said. What an amazing blessing to be Someone's favorite daughter. It follows along the words sung by Amy Grant in her song "My Father's Eyes".

    I may not be every mothers dream for her little girl,
    And my face may not grace the mind of everyone in the world.
    But that's all right, as long as I can have one wish I pray:
    When people look inside my life, I want to hear them say,

    She's got her fathers eyes,
    Her father's eyes;
    Eyes that find the good in things,
    When good is not around;
    Eyes that find the source of help,
    When help just cant be found;
    Eyes full of compassion,
    Seeing every pain;
    Knowing what youre going through
    And feeling it the same.
    Just like my father's eyes,
    My father's eyes,
    My father's eyes,
    Just like my father's eyes.

    ReplyDelete