On Friday, Tim & I got pictures taken for our passports, then went to the post office to apply for them. FYI: It's much faster & cheaper to get your photos taken at Walgreens & then take them with you to the post office. They print the pictures right there while you wait & it costs $7.99, compared to $15 at the USPS. I might reveal WHY we need passports, but for now, we'll leave it a mystery, just for fun. Then I took Lizzie & Will to their new school to get registered for this Fall. It helped with their nerves to go inside & see things again. They'd only been there once when we toured in the Spring. Will's teacher was there & we got to meet her. And we found Lizzie's locker, which is what she's most looking forward to this year - she thinks it's really COOL to have a locker & they didn't have those at her other school. :) We also got their hymnals, catechism books, & ESV Bibles, as well as Lizzie's gym uniform. We had considered stopping there on our bikes, as I didn't know we'd be taking those books with us. Glad we drove the van! Everyone there has been so kind to us & the kids. I think they sent out some kind of newsletter detailing all the new people or something. They've been very friendly. :)
Tim & the little boys were at home preparing the bikes for our bike ride, which is what they always want to do if we have a day off. We set off for one of their favorite parks to have lunch & play. Here are a few pictures from the park:
Don't look now, but Will is actually helping his little brother!
Theo was big enough to actually do the slider by himself this year, which he thought was cool!
Walking up the wooden bridge. It's a fun park, but the wood makes me cringe a bit. I'm leery of splinters. But they really enjoy it.
On our way to the park, I was in the rear of the bike line with Drew in the trailer. We were going from the road to a sidewalk & I crashed my bike. :( I was trying to take it at an angle to lessen the bump for Drew in his trailer, but I caught my wheel on the curb instead & down I went. I got a great case of road rash on my lower leg & was sore on the ride side of my body for a few days. But I am grateful that the safety mechanism on Drew's trailer worked & it did not tip over. I now have a renewed sympathy for my patients who have road rash. It was very painful for quite a while. It just recently lost the last of the scabs & looks & feels nearly normal - and that's been 3 weeks ago! I'm still very careful when I shave my leg, though!
A post about Friday night is coming up!
nwt
ReplyDelete