This is a devotional my friend, Judy, sent me from a book called, "Jesus Calling":
You will not find my peace by engaging in excessive planning: attempting to control what will happen to you in the future. That is a commonly practiced form of unbelief. When your mind spins with multiple plans, Peace may sometimes seem to be within your grasp; yet it always eludes you. Just when you think you have prepared for all possibilities, something unexpected pops up and throws things into confusion.
I did not design the human mind to figure out the future. That is beyond your capability. I crafted your mind for continual communication with Me. Bring Me all your needs, your hopes and fears. Commit everything into My care. Turn from the path of planning to the path of Peace. I Peter 5:6-7; Proverbs 16:9; Psalm 37:5
This is from a devotional from my friend, Wendi, called, "You're Covered":
Hebrews 13:6: "So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid'."
"What's on your agenda today? Are you facing some big challenges? No matter what you're going to be up against today, God's got you covered. He says in Hebrews that He will be our helper. We don't have to be afraid.
I don't know about you, but I sometimes feel afraid. Sure, I put on a good outward appearance, but on the inside, I feel insecure. I wonder if I'm doing a good enough job as a mom. Do you ever wonder if you're measuring up? I especially feel that way when I am around moms who are doing everything right. You know, the really cool mom who has a clean house, all of her laundry folded and put away, no dirty dishes in the sink ever, well-mannered children, and a perfect figure, too! I want to be a mom like that some day.
But until then, I am declaring that 'I will not be afraid.' God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of love and of power and of a sound mind (: . We are up to any challenge. We can do all things through Him. We can be confident in Him today and every day."
MOM TO MASTER:
"Thank You, Lord, for helping me every single day of the year. I couldn't do it without You."
So there you have it - copied, not my original thoughts! I'm tired! Why re-invent the wheel, right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment