Many people ask what it's like to have 4 kids. Mostly I hear words like "crazy", "busy", "nuts". . . you get the idea. Most of the time I go about my "business" on autopilot, just doing what needs done - aware of the blessings in my life and grateful that I have the privilege of staying home part-time & keeping my own home, etc. etc. I really don't mind laundry - I like it actually. If they'd only stay clean. Cleaning is another job I almost enjoy, except that things don't stay clean for long, which does frustrate me. I tolerate cooking & shopping. But one job I dread, the change of seasons and therefore, changing out the kids' drawers & closets. What's the big deal, you might ask?
THIS is the BIG deal--->
This mountain of clothes is only from Lizzie's drawers (not even her closet) and Drew's dresser/closet. And this is only Fall/Winter clothes that they've outgrown! We went through these clothes this weekend to make more room for Summer clothes. I have yet to do this with Will & Theo's clothes. Can't you tell that I'm just dying to get to it?! :) I will say that I am so fortunate to have my mom, who loves to shop, who gets most of the kids' clothes at waaaay-discounted prices. I have shopped for very little of their clothing. I am very thankful for that!
I spent some serious time these past 2 weeks trying to find a new dress for a wedding I was attending. I had a really difficult time finding something that looked decent on me without costing an insane amount of money! Finally, at 9:30 Friday night (the wedding was at 3:00 Saturday) I found TWO dresses I loved. But I was still disheartened by how long it took me to find them. So many other things I could've done with that time, like sorting through kids' clothes! It just makes me wish that I could go naked, or just have a personal shopper.
Hey,
ReplyDeleteI'll be your personal shopper.......just give me the checkbook ! love, Nana
P.S. Make a list of what the kids need...I'm itching to shop for them. :-)
I feel the same way about shopping. I always have something particular in mind, then I can' find it. So, I give up and either don't buy anything or fudge on our budget.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, Drew looked so cute in the pictures.
love ya,
Lynn