Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why I won't don't have a dog . . .

Some of you have asked us why we won't don't give in to our eldest son's incessant requests for a family member of the canine persuasion.  I have one word for you . . . Poop!  I have quite enough poop in my life, thank you very much.  What in the world am I talking about, you might ask?  Well, let me tell you.  I have a 2 year old who is not yet potty trained.  This might be enough information, but since you asked. . . he enjoys taking off his diapers, whether they are dry, wet, or all kinds of dirty!  You see this picture of our darling 2 year old looking like a homeless child with  cut off PJ's? 


Why would I dress my child this way, you ask? Because he undresses himself, removes his diapers, then pees in the bed;  or if he's already poopy, smears the poop around on his bed, the wall, and himself.  We've tried all kinds of things to stop this nonsense.  The only thing that works, zip-up PJ's put on backwards so that he can't get them off.  And since it is now warm out, I was forced to cut the arms and legs off the PJ's so as not to sweat him to death.    Now, you might be asking yourself, how does he accomplish all of this and we are unaware?  Well, let me tell you, I have 3 other children and a whole lot of activity going on in my house.  AND, he's very quiet about it when he does it.  He is sneaky (read former post regarding candy-sneaking)!  

Also, I often find a toilet full of it complements of our 3rd child who "forgets" to flush.

I also find the remnants of it from others in the household who use too much paper and leave a clogged toilet.  I'm very good with a plunger!

I am also the official toilet scrubber - enough said.

I also assist the older kids in the cleaning of the cat box, so I deal with the cat's poop, too!

I also deal with POOP at work.  Why would a PT do this?  Because getting people out of bed and moving often "gets things started," or leads to a "discovery".  

Oh, and the final answer, just last night, right before the homeless photo of Drew was taken, he removed his diaper (a dirty one, of course) and then sat on the steps, several of them in fact, providing maximum smear effect.  I loved my life right at that moment!

So, to answer your question with a question, why in the world would I want to deal with more poop?  Cause you know who would end up picking it up out of the yard, and/or wiping it off of children's feet when one got missed . . .  and people wonder why I've been called anal-retentive!

3 comments:

  1. LeAnn,

    Oh, too funny! That is the EXACT same reason I don't want dog-POOP (well and dog hair and my allergies), but sometimes I feel so mean since my kids want one so bad.

    And the pj's look familiar too. I had to do the same thing with Brooke when she was 2 (after you gave me the idea).

    Fun, huh?

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, when Drew is potty trained, Will can get a dog?

    You should have heard Grandpa Merle reading your blog. He suggested you paint your walls brown, plus your steps, plus Drew's bed, plus anything else he might come in contact with.

    Love you all,
    Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Grandma and Grandpa, because as you can see from my post, Drew is not the only source of poop in my life! :)

    ReplyDelete