Well, an era has ended in our house! Late this fall we moved Drew out of the nursery & upstairs with his brothers. The nursery had been the nursery for over 11 years, since Lizzie was born. We had not re-decorated in there the entire time since we had decorated it gender-neutral to begin with. As each child turned 3, they moved into a new room and the new baby moved into the nursery, except for Theo, he got booted out when he was only 2. Poor kid! ha!
We knew we were planning this whole home rearrangement this winter. One weekend while we were discussing it, Tim said, "let's get started!" Well, I jumped on that!
The first step was to move Drew out of the nursery and then re-decorate the nursery as Lizzie's room while the room was empty. So here are some photos of Drewby during the moving process.
Drew sitting in the glider where I fed all our babies! Notice the Noah's Ark decor - it was really popular when I was pregnant with Lizzie.

All the baby furniture & stuff loaded into the van to be delivered to the local crisis pregnancy center. I got a little sentimental as we dropped the stuff off, but felt good that someone would be blessed by our donation.
Helping paint Lizzie's room - we realized that it was the only room that's never been painted in our house. We just put up that Noah's Ark border, we didn't paint. Amazing how dingy it can get in 12 years!
SO excited to be in a BIG BOY BED in the new Boys' room on the 3rd floor. He kept climbing onto the bed while I was trying to put the sheets on - so anxious! He looked so big in the crib, but looks so small in this bed!
During the time we were painting Lizzie's new room and then painting her old room to make it the boys' room, this is where Drew slept - on my pilates mat. He was happy to sleep there until he got his new bed, then he didn't even want to lay there for a picture!
More on the big room changes to come. . .
I'm so weepy! Babies grow way too fast!
ReplyDelete