Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bring on the Lights!

We've only gone a couple of times. We decided to brave it again this year. It's the annual downtown lighting ceremony, particularly the Santa Claus on Main Street. I remember going "all the way downtown" to see the Santa when I was a kid! Well, there was a pre-lighting event at the Community Center that my mom and I took the 3 oldest kids to. There were crafts & cookies, balloons, Santa photos, & a kids' gift shop (to buy gifts for the adults in their lives). They were holding a stuffed bear drive, so we were able to pass on about 20 bears we've accumulated over the years. Don't worry, we kept the "important" ones. It was great, but it was crowded!

Will & Theo posed with "Starry" - notice Theo's candy cane balloon. He would NOT let go of that for the whole night.

Nana with the kids as we waited for the Claus to be lit

Daddy, Drew, & Poppy arrived and met us down there closer to the lighting ceremony

Drew enjoyed his perch for watching the lights!

We think they should take out the street lamp next year, but besides that, it looks good!
Afterwards, we headed back to the cars. Tim & Poppy took the kids home and Nana & I went in search of food! I tried to order a pizza and they said "it will be ready in an hour, is that OK?" Umm, NO! Who knew that pizza was so popular on Thanksgiving Eve? Now I do! Will plan better next year. It was a fun adventure to start off the Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment